Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Snowy Night





On Thursday night, January 16th, they were calling for a winter mix here in the upstate. As most of you know, they can make a big hype about winter weather, that usually turns out not to happen. After getting Emily to sleep, I got a call from Katrina to let me know that they were seeing snow as they were leaving dinner. We looked outside and were amazed at the pretty steady downfall of nice powdery snow. It was so nice. It quickly built up a nice little cover over the ground and since it was likely going to turn into freezing rain by morning, I decided to get Emily up to play in the snow around 9pm. After all, snow is a rarity around here, especially nice powdery snow. It took her a few minutes to get going and then get bundled up, but she was so excited to see the snow. Before I had seen the snow, I had already gotten my jammies on, so I just threw on my big coat and a hat and we went out to play. John and her took turns throwing snow balls, mainly at me. We also got out the pull around sled and I pulled Emily through the yard. It was a lot of fun =)


As it turned out, the next morning it was mainly coming down as rain over the snow, so it was a good thing we played the night before =)

No comments: