Friday, July 4, 2008

Firework Time on the 4th of July

On Friday evening after dinner, We started loading up the car. I had been packing some off and on during the day. Once we were to a stopping point, I made a quick trip over to Target to get Emily some ear plugs since I knew the fireworks were going to be really loud. While I was there I also picked up a flashlight for us to walk around before the fireworks, and some poppers (since I thought this would be a good alternative to sparklers for the kids since fireworks were not allowed on the IOP). After I returned, Emily and I walked over to my Dad's condo. At that time, the traffic was really pouring on to the island. Once we met up with the group, we found that they were planning to sit by the pool for the fireworks so we headed down there. While we were waiting, the kids and I walked right outside the pool area to play with the poppers. They all really enjoyed them, but unfortunately we had to stop. One of the policemen came by and said that he hated to ask us to stop, but technically those counted as fireworks. Who knew =)

We then headed back into the pool area and chatted for a while. Around 9ish, we started to see the fireworks on Sullivan's island in the distance. They were pretty and it was a nice warm up for the kids. Since they were somewhat around the Sea Cabins, I had to hold Emily up and Daddy held Christian up so they could see them.


Starting around 9:30, there was a lot of activity on the pier and they started shooting the first fireworks. It was a little slow getting started, but then they were off. They were very pretty and right over our heads. Emily was so funny with her wow's. It was really cute. After the finale, we all packed up and started heading out of the pool area. However, there must have been a few that didn't go off, that they decided to light, so we were surprised to see a few more. After those were over, Emily and I walked back over to our condo. When we went in, we visited with John and then John took Emily out for one of their famous 'frog hunts" with Mason.

No comments: