Saturday, October 18, 2008

Boo in the Zoo

On Saturday afternoon, October 18th, we made our way to the Greenville Zoo for the Annual Boo in the Zoo event. I talked with Daddy on the way over since we were meeting him and he mentioned that the traffic coming in to the main entrance to the Zoo off Washington St was unreal and that he had to park out off of Washington St. Since we knew that, we came in the back way and were fortunately able to get a place down at the parking lot at the playground that is down past the airplane. Since a cold snap had come upon us, we lucked out that the little girls costumes were warm and tried to bundle Emily up. We then headed towards the Zoo and met up with Daddy along the way. I had taken a couple of pictures with my little camera as we got out of the car, but then decided to switch over to my big camera. Unknowingly to me, I accidentally left the memory card out of the camera, so we do not have pictures from inside the Zoo =(

When we got over to the gate, there was a line but it was quickly moving. At that time, I went ahead and put on my ruby slippers (3" heals) in order to complete my costume. I was not sure that I would make it long, but I though I would give it a shot. Once we got in the Zoo, the kids had a great time going around to the different booths that were set up. Even Ansley and Bailey enjoyed holding out their bags in order to have their prizes put in side. Instead of saying trick-or-treat(which she could not say) Bailey would roar for her candy. Just too cute!!!!! The girls thoroughly enjoyed the trip and I surprisingly made it to the end of the booths before taking off my heals.

After leaving the Zoo, we went over to the playground to play for just a couple of minutes, but since it was getting colder we had to call it a night.

No comments: