Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Cookout at LSI

Around 11:30 on Wednesday, November 26th I headed up to Liquid Systems to meet John and Emily for the Thanksgiving Cookout. As a special treat, Emily had dressed up in her "work" shirt (a pink LSI shirt John had gotten her), packed her bag with all the items a professional needs (her computer, her pencils, and her pencil sharpener), and they headed off to work earlier that morning. When I arrived, I met John, Emily, and Walker in the parking lot riding the go kart. After they finished riding we headed in to visit with those that were there. During our visit, Emily showed me her work she had been doing that morning on her computer, her pictures, her drawing on the conference room white board, and the dollar she earned for working. As lunch approached, we made our way to the back of LSI to hand out. Walker and Emily pretended to drive the forklift while we awaited the blessing. After the blessing, everyone started serving their plates and visiting. I got Emily and Walker fixed. Emily decided she would be thankful with a ketchup sandwitch. Not my choice, but she loved it!! While they started eating, I went back and fixed my plate and then joined them in the break room. After lunch, the kids rode on the go kart some more and played in the leaves. After the kids had played for a long time, John, Emily and I went to the confrence room to let Emily pick out our Thanksgiving basket (were given to all employees), we said our goodbyes, John and Emily headed to the ho
use, and I headed to Palmetto Prep for Ansley and Bailey's Thanksgiving feast.








No comments: