Friday, May 9, 2008

Palmetto Prep's Pre-K Trip to the Zoo 5-9-08

After I had breakfast with Ansley and Bailey for Mother's day, I had about an hour so I ran to Petsmart to pick up some supplies for the kitten Emily and I were going to pick out after the Zoo. Then I made my way back to Palmetto Prep. When I came in the class, Ms. Hiers was with the kids working on some Spanish. I sat in the circle with the kids along with a couple other parents that were there for the trip. Before we left, the teachers gave out clipboards with the scavenger hunt information and our buddies. Emily and I were buddied up with a girl named Jameson from one of the other classes. Around 10, we headed out to the buses to load up. Ms. Doyle's class loaded onto one bus. Emily and I sat in the back row.





We then drove tot he Greenville Zoo. When we arrived it was a beautiful day. We lined up by the buses and then paired up with buddies. I had not met Jameson before so Ms. Doyle brought her to us. Then we all headed to the entrance of the Zoo.

After we went into the Zoo, we first went to the elephants. The girls enjoyed them for a few minutes before we were off to other sights. We made our way up past the monkeys and in the reptile house. This was a big hit!!! While inside, one of the iguanas kept coming up to the glass to see the girls. They were very excited to see this. After that we stopped by the concession stand for drinks before making our way to the various birds, monkeys, and leopards. We had almost made it to the top of the Zoo where the giraffes were when it was potty time. Unfortunately the potty is almost back at the bottom so we rushed down to make it.

After that we walked around some and happen to meet up with Ms. Doyle and a few of the others. We walked with them to the flamingos, alligators, and then on to the farm animals. I knew based on previous experiences that the goats would not eat the food you can buy (since they get it all the time), so I brought some goldfish for the kids to feed them. Once we were done with the farm animals, we all made our way to the exit where the group was meeting. Since we still had 20 minutes, I promised the girls that if we walked quickly we could go back tot he giraffes since we missed them. It was a long walk back to the top, but worth it since the girls really enjoyed them. While we were there, a nice parent took a picture for Emily and I. After the girls enjoyed them for a few minutes, we made our way back to the group. Once all the groups had arrived, we went out to the playground where the kids had a great time running around while a few of the teachers set up lunch. We enjoyed a lovely picnic lunch and then took a group photo of the kids. Our lovely trip was coming to a close as we loaded back on the bus and made our way back to Palmetto Prep. When we arrived at the school, Emily and I picked up her stuff and headed to the Humane Society.

No comments: