Saturday, March 22, 2008

Egg Dying and Hunt March 22, 2008




On Saturday afternoon, Mom came over to join in the egg dying festivities. I had boiled the eggs on Friday, so as soon as we pulled out our bowls, threw in the dye tablets, and the warm water, we were in business. Emily really enjoyed dying the eggs and out of 18 eggs, only 1 got broken in the dying process. Being princess Emily, she had to keep washing her hands to get the dye off. When they were dry she put on a couple of stickers and then was ready to hide them. I went out to the front yard and hid the eggs. She was so excited, she kept peeking out the front blinds. After I hid them, I went back in to get Emily, Mom and I each grabbed a baby and it was "ready, set, go" time. Emily did a great job finding the eggs and wanted to do it over and over. I hid the eggs a few more times and then Mom hid them some. I was so beautiful outside. Even Ansley and Bailey scooted around to get eggs. It was really cute to see Bailey walking on all fours gathering up eggs. Ansley was happy to get one and play with it. After about 6 rounds of hunting, so of the eggs were starting to fall apart, so we had one last hunt before calling it quits to eat dinner.

No comments: